P. Alan Loss, CFP®, CExP®
Financial planning isn’t just about the numbers. It’s about establishing a high-trust relationship with each client and having open channels of communication where discussions involve much more than finances alone. I am fortunate to be able to help change my clients’ lives, enabling them to have a better quality of life.
— P. Alan Loss
After a 15-year career managing his family’s supermarket business, Alan became a Financial Planning Consultant in 1981, focusing on working with families, educators and business owners. He cofounded independent advisory firm, Personal Wealth Advisory, LLC in 2003.
- B.S. in Economics, Cornell University
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional since 1985
- FINRA Series 6, 7 and 63 as well as Principal Series 24
- Certified Exit Planning Specialist™ for business owners planning their transition
- International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy
- Lancaster County Estate Planning Council, Past President, Member
- Financial Planning Association, Central Pennsylvania Chapter, Past President (2014)
- Vistage, a national think tank for entrepreneurs
- Lancaster Chamber of Commerce, Member of Finance Committee
- Temple Shaarai Shomayin Endowment Committee Member
- Alan resides in Manheim Township with his wife Linda. He enjoys spending time with his children and grandchildren.
- Alan and Linda love traveling throughout the world.
What personal accomplishments are you most proud of?
- Helping to found and then build several successful financial planning firms over my career
- Having earned my CFP® certification over 30 years ago
- Helping to start local chapters of the International Association for Financial Planning, which later merged into what is now the Financial Planning Association
- Involvement with Lancaster Chamber of Commerce and Industry—helping to grow the small business group, and serving as past board member and current financial committee member